6 Oct 2015

The Process OF Dyeing Hair Ombre Purple

So I decided I wanted to do something with my hair, something a bit different, whenever I dye my hair I dye it PURPLEISH...its become a statement for me ;)

So I used a Lo'real Feria ombre Hair dye to lighten my natural ends



After rinsing the Ombre hair dye I then I mixed, Directions Vegan Hair dye in Violet, with a white conditioner, to make a shade of purple I was happy with:




Sectioned my hair off, using Pigtails/Bunches And applied the directions dye to my damp hair,


I left it on for about an hour as it slowly took to my hair, then rinsed it all out and styled,


I liked the colour, it just wasn't what I was aiming for, I wanted a Ombre effect in purplish colour, So I washed my hair four times to take out the Directions semi-permanent dye,


And proceeded to lighten my hair some more! ... It went green!!!


So the next day I tried again, this time I used a different dye...

LIVE COLOUR XXL - ULTRA BRIGHTS - SHADE: 94 PURPLE PUNK


Again sectioned the hair into two parts and caked on the dye!



After 20minets I rinsed the hair and styled it,


It turned out PERFECT! exactly how I wanted it too! So now I just go over it every 4-5 washes just to brighten up the colour!

Really happy with the outcome, worth all the work and effort, I am a little disappointed with the Directions Dye, but I think I just go the wrong shade, I think I need a pink colour to mix with it to make the violet more vibrant!